Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZBook G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a Zbook G3 which has and HDMI port to connect to an external display. The monitors I have are EliteDisplay E241i which have display port connectors (as well as RGA and DVI, but I'd rather not use those). Can you please point me in the direction of a good connector that will allow me to display my Zbook on the above monitors?

Thanks in advance,

Phil

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

Except for VGA, from HDMI to DisplayPort or DVI is digital signals and you should get same result on your current monitor. Any standard HDMI to DVI or HDMI to DP cable will do the job.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hi

Thanks for the response.

I bought a HDMI/Display port cable, and that does not work - the laptop does not pick up the fact that its connected to a monitor.

There seems to be lots of DP to 'whatever' type connectors, but reading around this, it seems a specific HDMI to DP adapter is required.

Got to say though, HP mixing and matching HDMI and DP between laptops and monitors is not great!

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.