Maupa
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HDMI output stops working for no reason

HP Recommended
Envy x360 convertible 15-bp1xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, I am experiencing extreme difficulties with watching videos from my notebook on my TV. Every so often (sometimes after 5 minutes, other times after 2 hours) the image I am sending from my laptop to my screen via an HDMI cable goes black, and no matter the number of cable re-connections, it stays black until I restart. The audio keeps on working, and the tv detects the signal (TV's no signal icon disappears, any changes to output resolution, refresh frequency and so on makes the black screen twitch a bit).

I tried with different laptops and this is the only one that I have those problems with.

It is a huge shame, that a computer that I bought mainly for 2 purposes - playing videos and listening to music is struggling with both of these tasks (I am addressing only the first one in this post).

All of my drivers are up-to-date according to HP Support Assistant.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation