1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

HDMI port on USB-C HUB is not being recognized

HP Recommended
HP 14S
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I'm not able to use HDMI port on GreenCell USB HUB (model GC AK61). All other ports on USB HUB are working properly (USB 3, Ethernet) - there's just a problem with HDMI port - external screen is not being detected. HUB is being attached via USB-C port to HP14s laptop.

External screen connected directly to HDMI port on laptop works just fine (1920x1080 @60Hz). In addition I can connect my mobile phone to USB HUB and get external screen working via HDMI without any issues. So it doesn't look like problem with USB HUB itself - rather with drivers.

On device manager I can see single unrecognized USB device (port reset failed). In details there's Error Code: 43. 

Unfortunately Windows cannot find newer version of driver for that device. Also attempts of uninstallation, laptop restarts etc does end with no success.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation