Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KirkH420
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HID - Compliant Touch Screen (Driver Missing)

I am having this same problem. My computer is an HP Pavilion - 15-au147cl and my touchscreen also is not working as of after the windows 10 upgrade. Now when I go to the Driver Download page, there are no drivers for Touchscreen Monitor. I'm referring to it that way because In my Device Monitor, it says Generic PnP Monitor driver is being used. I tried to have windows search for the driver online and it cannot find it. I read the advice above to press F2 for a System Test, and his directions to have me go to Component Test - Touchscreen Test proves to be impossible because it is not there. I assure you that I checked HP's Device Specs for this Laptop and it IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE A TOUCHSCREEN. Also there is a factory sticker on the body of the laptop which says "Amazing clarity with an HD touchscreen." However when I look at Windows System info, it says "no pen or touchscreen." Unfortunately I did not check the System Test or System Info before I took the advice that had me run a BIOS Update. I sure would be disappointed if HP has released a BIOS update which just removed this device's Touch Capability. Really could use some advice.... and if I find something I will return with the answer.

1 REPLY 1
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,952 6,955 649 744
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

HID - Compliant Touch Screen (Driver Missing)

Hi @KirkH420

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Try updating the computer using these steps -

Step 1 Windows Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 2 HP Support Assistant Updates - 

1) In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation