Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP 15-AF001AX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have HP-AF001AX laptop - A8 7410 with R5 M330 dedicated graphics. recently I have updated AMD DDU to Radeon 20.3.1 drivers but ever since system lags (approx. 1-2 secs) I checked for CPU, RAM load everything seems normal. I am not able to function my laptop properly. 

This is happening since I have updated AMD DDU to 20.3.1. Earlier I was using AMD Catalyst 15.200.1060.0 Rev.A version which is recommended for laptop.
I did try to re-install the recommended version but the laptop started giving STOP CODE error of "Thread Stuck in Device Driver" during startup.
Please help
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@pranav91 Here’s how to run Windows 10’s built-in BSOD troubleshooter:

1. Open the Settings app and go to Update & Security section.
  2. Select Troubleshoot from the menu on the left.
  3. Select BSOD from the right pane and click Run the troubleshooter.
  4. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the troubleshooter.

Run the SFC scan

The next troubleshooting tool we’re going to try here is the SFC scan. This is a command-line tool that scans your system for corrupt files and repairs them.

So, if a corrupt system file is the reason you’re getting the THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER_M, the SFC scan will likely resolve the problem.

Here’s how to run the SFC scan in Windows 10:

1. Right-click on the Start Menu button, and open Command Prompt (Admin).
  2. Enter the following line and press Enter: sfc/scannow.
  3. Wait until the process is done (it may take a while).
  4. If the solution is found, it will automatically be applied.
  5. Now, close the Command Prompt and restart your computer.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us, 

have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

Currently, I'm not facing BSOD error. Now I have installed Display Drivers AMD 18.9.3 version - initially, there was display lag but some other driver also got automatically updated via Windows update (I didn't note! 😞 )and now the display lag is also gone.

I have installed the Fortnite game which is recommending to install AMD Radeon 19.11.3 version. I'm confused now if I re-install new version as per recommendation, display lag should not repeat. Could you please guide what steps shall I consider if I want to install new version of AMD drivers?

HP Recommended

@pranav91

I understand your concerns.

I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook.

If the drivers update prompt, then only update the drivers.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

Hello Praveen,

Thank you for your response.

I have installed HPSA in my laptop from start but it never suggested any update for Graphic driver thought!

Could you please answer my above question?

If you need more information about laptop i.e. hardware, software etc., please let me know.

Regards,

Pranav

HP Recommended

@pranav91

I understand your concerns. Then install the AMD drivers.

Also, update the Windows update as well. It will not give you any problem.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.