Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP15-af114u
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am looking for updated AMD A8 APU AMD display driver for my laptop model HP 15-Af114au. The driver which is available on the product support page is old and outdated. Bcoz of driver I am unable to do video calling as my video stutter randomly and also the audio and video from otherside too stutter. My internet speed is perfect and continuously getting 100+ mbps. Based on my diagnostics it's the driver issue and i need the updated driver for the same. 

I downloaded the latest driver from AMD website but as it's not optimised for HP laptop my machine start lagging post updating the driver i revert back to official outdated driver.

I know my laptop is out of warranty but I am expecting HP team to support me in this to give us the latest driver to give new life to my laptop as I can't afford new laptop in the current covid situation.  

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ankush82

I reviewed your post and I understand that you are looking for the latest graphics driver for your computer.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

Below is the latest driver available from HP for your computer.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp74501-75000/sp74716.exe

If you above driver need the latest driver from AMD then I recommend you download the AMD auto detect tool and it will automatically install the latest driver for your computer.

You can download and run the AMD auto detect tool from the below link.

https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-driver-autodetect

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

P.S: Welcome to the HP Support Community 😊

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

Stay Home – Stay Safe

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response. As I understood with your reply you have not reviewed my post in detail where I have clearly mentioned that I have tried the latest driver from AMD website for my chipset but it makes the laptop lagging in everything even the mouse cursor lags in every few seconds. 

The reason for lagging is the customisation which is required from HP to work with my laptop.

Regards,

Ankush Jain

HP Recommended

@ankush82

I have already provided the latest graphics driver available from HP. I recommend you keep an eye on the HP website for the driver updates for your computer. If there is any new driver is released, it will be updated on the HP drivers page for your computer.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.