Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
hp 840 g3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Good afternoon,

I'm trying to connect 840 G3 via displayport - hdmi cable to my monitor Samsung M7 (S32AM700UI). According to laptop description at HP website it supports DP output at 4K 60Hz, and Samsung monitor supports it to.

Actually, I have only 30Hz for 4K available, and 60Hz is avaialble only for 2560x1440

is there any way to fix that and make it work via 4K@60Hz? Or maybe there is a mistake in laptop's specs on website? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@vagifius 

Both its specs from datasheet and manual only say it has DP port. Not mentioned anything more. With its age, the port could be DP 1.2 which would support UP TO  3840 x 2400 resolution at 60Hz.  Theory and real world would not be the same.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

@Banhien 

thanks for your answer

I treat the statement "UP TO  3840 x 2400 resolution at 60Hz" as it should grant support of any resolution below at 60Hz. Is there any way to obtain exact DP information from HP?

HP Recommended

I've also tried same story using HP UltraSlim Docking Station, but same story again:  4K@30Hz and any resolution below works at 60Hz

can it be driver problem maybe?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.