Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite X2 G2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have an HP Elite x2 1012 G2 that has a camera that no longer works after the 1709 Windows 10 update.  In the Device Manager, there is no "Imaging" section.  When I open the Windows 10 camera app, it says no camera is detected.

In the BIOS, there is no camera setting option.

I tried following the instructions listed here: 

My device manager didn't have the things I needed to delete, listed.

This is affecting at least 2 HP tablets that we have in use at my University.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello,

do you have solved the Problem?

I have the same Problem

HP Recommended

Can someone provide solution here?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you resolved your issue?

I foudn the devices by showing the hidden devices. Under the view menu you have an option show hidden devices, are the devices to delete there for you?

I deleted the devices but they do not return and I don't have the HD 515 that is mentioned to update, I have an HD 620.

Anybody find a solution?

HP Recommended

Hi There 

Im also experiencing the same issue in Fiji 

Has there been any possible fix to this??

in dire need of assistance as camera and mainboard replacement has still not solved anything. 

Akaripa Tuisawau

Suva, Fiji

HP Recommended

Hello

I have the same problem with the same laptop, HP Elite x2 1012 G2.

I received an error on Windows 10 camera app and also, the auto-rotation feature was missing.

The problem is Windows 10. You must download the correct media feature package from the Microsoft website.

Click the link below to download Media Feature Pack for N versions of Windows 10.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack

Optional:

There is another package that supports Media Feature Pack for N and KN versions of Windows 10
https://www.microsoft.com/en-nz/download/details.aspx?id=48231

Hope this resolves your camera issue and auto rotate in advance.

Regards,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.