Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G5 3RF09UT#ABA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I have a HP EliteBook 840 G5 3RF09UT#ABA, the GPU is an Intel UHD Graphics 620. It comes with a Thunderbolt 3 port.

I'm planning to connect 2 Dell UltraSharp 24 Monitors U2419H, via MST Daisy Chain. The monitors support Daisy Chain and have 2 Displayport in and out.

I'm choosing a Docking Station to buy and my option right now is the CalDigit TS3Plus Thunderbolt 3 Dock.

My plan is connect:

Notebook Thunderbolt port >> Thunderbolt cable >> CalDigit TS3Plus docking station;

TS3Plus Displayport 1.2 >>> Displayport cable >>> U2419H Master Monitor Displayport in;

U2419H Master Monitor Displayport out >>>> Displayport cable >>>> U2419H Slave Monitor Displayport in.

The idea is to use 1 cable from notebook to docking station, 1 cable from docking station to 1st monitor, 1 cable from 1st monitor to 2nd monitor Daisy Chaining.

I checked through the documentation, manufacture sites and forums. The notebook apparently support Displayport MST Daisy Chain. CalDigit TS3Plus also support Daisy Chain. 

Does Daisy Chain work in this setup?

Thank you. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@eduardopsf 

I would not pay heaps of money to buy a mixture of products. I would ending up to where to go.

For monitors you can use third party products but for docking station, please check the following document to buy a right one for your need:

https://www8.hp.com/h20195/v2/getpdf.aspx/c04168358

Hope this makes sense

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help,

I need a docking station capable of connecting the notebook using a 2m active Thunderbolt cable (40Gbps)

The 2 monitors and the notebook will be mounted to a triple monitor bow arm, a notebook tray/holder will be mounded. My plan is to have only the docking station on the desk and for that I'll need one capable of using a 2 meter active cable. 

I don't think most HP docks are capable of that. Also, there is no info about Displayport MST Daisy Chain on the paper.

HP Recommended

@eduardopsf 

Probably you have to ask who ever the vendor is. All vendors say STANDARD but only THEIR standards. I have not seen one-size-fit all from vendors.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.