Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy 17m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, 

I just bought this laptop (HP ENVY 17) and I am having a major issue with the touchpad. The cursor is VERY imprecise. If I had to click on a link or even move the cursor towards the "minimize" button on the corner of the screen, it would either go too far over the link/button and then too low. Overall, it would take me a couple of seconds to get the cursor to go over whatever it is I am trying to click on. 

To be honest, I see that this is an issue that others have faced but I cannot find a resolution to it. Please help me with this issue, this is the most expensive laptop I have ever bought and everything else about the laptop is great but this touchpad issue that I am having is making navigating very, very annoying and difficult. 

Thank you in advance, 

Laila 

Laptop specifications:

Microsoft WIndows 10 Home

HP Envy Laptop 17m-ce0xxx

Intel Core i7 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@laptopuser911 Welcome to HP Community!

I recommend using the below steps to change the touchpad speed settings and resolve the issue with the precision of its movement:

Use these steps to change the mouse pointer speed:

1. In Windows, search for and open Change the mouse pointer display or speed.

2. In the Mouse Properties window, click the Pointer Options tab.

3. In the Motion field, click and hold the slider while moving the mouse to the right or left, to adjust the mouse speed.

Figure : Pointer speed slider in Pointer Options

Pointer speed slider in Pointer Options
  4. Click OK to save your changes.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.