Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I was super worried and found the initial solution of resetting my whole laptop overwhelming due to the amount of work data I would have to back up. Your answer should be listed at the TOP because many ppl in today's fact paced world wouldn't have taken the additional 3-60 secs to get the easy answer.  I can't say THANK YOU enough!!! Oh and HP Virtual Assistant TOTALLY needs to add this this the troubleshoot to save people the panic...got enough to worry about these days then to add our much needed cameras not working( crisis avoided ) thank goodness 😉

HP Recommended

Seeing as I started this thread I thought I should update with the result for my laptop.  The webcam was physically disconnected which is why all the troubleshooting and suggestions how to fix didn't work.

About 18 months ago the screen went black on the laptop, I found when I connected to external monitor I could see the display so I took it in for repair. I guess during the screen replacement they disconnected the webcam.

As this laptop is a few years old now I decided to upgrade the HDD and now she flies, like a new computer.  While they were in there they reconnected the webcam (no extra charge) so I now have a fast fully operational laptop. 

Thanks to everyone that contributed.

HP Recommended

THANK YOU! This is exactly what was wrong. I had accidentally turned it off when I was carrying my computer.

HP Recommended

Okay, we have tried EVERYTHING!

We looked at drivers but camera not showing up in drivers or hidden drivers,

The security update wouldn't install

We have reset it and that is not working.

We are installing updates now to see if that works.

It was literally just working on Wednesday July 22nd and as of Friday July 24th, it is not working.

HP Recommended

Dude you saved me!

I was getting so annoyed and then I read your post and start looking for this switch and viola! I found it and turned the camera back on!

THANK YOUUUU!!!

HP Recommended

Privacy Switch.png

Same story!  Wasted days trying to find the answer and hours on the phone with tech support!  This little switch saved the day!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.