Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY m6 Notebook PC
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

I have the Intel(R) HD Graphics 4600 graphics device that has updated and I saw on the Intel website this device should allow the screen to rotate to portrait and landscape. Mine does not allow that. I know that Windows allows it with Windows 8.1, but I don't see the option - it just isn't there. I have searched several different ways for changing the rotation and the option is never there (when I say not there, I mean the box or category doesn't show up - its not that the option is grayed out, it just doesn't show up).

There has to be a way to change my screen from landscape to portraitIntel Graphics Advanced Options.JPGWindows Display Settings.JPG

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@BustoJuice Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are unable to see the portrait screen rotation option.

Have you made any changes to the computer?

When was it working before?

Please try to rollback the graphics drivers and check.

If the issue still persists, please perform the system restore and check.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for responding Praveen196.

I think that the best answer to your questions and your solution is that I have never been able to rotate my screen to the portrait rotation. Through some research, I know that both Windows 8.1 and the driver support portrait rotation, but all of the options / methods to change the screen rotation that I have used on other computers or found through my research are not available (i.e. the drop down boxes are not there). Does this provide a better view of my situation?

Thanks

HP Recommended

@BustoJuice

In that case, you have to perform the system recovery.

Please refer to the following link to perform the recovery.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03489643

Note: Before performing the recovery, you have to take the backup of your personal data. 

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.