Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy x360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi, Just bought one of the new envy x360's (2020) and having an issue with the 2-in-1 functionality. When flipping the screen it does not switch to tablet mode. I have already tried changing between "ask before switching" and "don't ask but always switch".

I have noticed that if I restart the laptop it works just fine, but once i start using the laptop, after a few minutes the issue comes back.

I can manually put it into tablet mode, however auto rotate also doesn't work so not really a good workaround.

Windows is completely up to date and the latest drivers from the hp site have been installed.

Any ideas? Very frustrated as I only got the laptop 2 days ago!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@mgaffar Here's a few things I need to confirm, and meanwhile, you can follow the steps to resolve the issue:

• Are you using the same windows shipped with the PC or did you replace it with a custom/retail copy of windows?
  • Have you installed the latest drivers for Bios, Graphics card and Chipset?

While you respond to that, here's what you need to do:

(If you have changed the OS, that's one major reasons such issues occur and I recommend you use this link for instruction to revert back to factory defaults: Click here for details)

If no changes to the OS has been done, you've updated the drivers and yet the issue persists, try the below steps:

•  launch the AMD Clean Uninstall Utility.
  • Reboot, download and install new drivers from the HP website listed above.

In addition you can also try this:

• Go to Control Panel.
  • Choose Display.
  • Click on Change Display Settings.
  • Make sure that Allow the screen to auto-rotate is checked.

Solution 2 – Use Microsoft Sensor Diagnostics Tool to test your sensors

• Download Microsoft Sensor Diagnostics Tool.
  • Start the tool and select the HID Sensor Collection: Inclinometer.
  • Pay attention to Data box since it displays number of tilt degrees.
  • Rotate your device and check if the values of degrees change
  • If the number of degrees is changing, the issue is related to software, but if values stay the same, it means that your sensors aren’t working, so you might want to send your tablet to a repair shop.
  • Before trying all of this remember to update your device using Windows Update since latest updates usually fix most software issues, so they might fix problems with auto rotation.

Solution 3: If the screen still does not rotate in tablet mode then please try the following steps:

• Win + R -> type 'regedit' and hit Enter

• Registry editor will open up.

• Go to path -> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\AutoRotation. Check the value of Enable file if it is 0 rotation will be OFF, if 1 rotation will be ON.

• Restart and Auto rotation will work. 

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep me posted,

For I (Or a trusted colleague) shall follow-up on this case to ensure the concern has been addressed, 

And your device is up and running again, 

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.