11-14-2019 01:05 AM
When my laptop is powered, it shows blue death screen with error message "video_tdr_error" Atikmpag.sys. The laptop loop it 3 times then goes system repair option. There I can use safe mode.
I have tried all the solutions including clean windows reinstallation.
I will really appreciate the solution to fix the problem.
11-16-2019 03:24 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:
Hard Reset: Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8.
- Turn off the computer and wait five seconds.
- Press the Power button to start the computer and repeatedly press the F10 key to enter the BIOS setup menu.
- On the BIOS Setup screen, press F9 to select and load the BIOS Setup Default settings.
- Press F10 to Save and Exit.
- Use the arrow keys to select Yes, then press Enter when asked Exit Saving Changes?
- Follow the prompts to restart your computer. Next, create a new power plan.
To create a new custom power plan, you can use the following steps on Windows 10:
- Open Settings.
- Click on System.
- Click on Power & sleep.
- Click the Additional power settings link.
- On the left pane, click the Create a power plan button.
- Select a power plan with the settings you want to start.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee