Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion - 15-cs3153cl
Microsoft Windows 11

One of the Big 3 keeps wanting to install Intel  2620.100.7926 (2/25/2020) Display Dvr.  This driver causes a bunch of flickering when using the touch pad, mouse or keyboard.  So I installed 31.0.1101.27  (11/13/2023) but I still get an auto d/l in the Windows Update of the old troublesome driver.  And eventually Windows installs it & take everything backwards. WUSHOWIDE does not find this update & I haven't been able to get Powershell to work.

And HP doesn't seem to care to update the drivers that may resolve this issue.

So what is the fix to keep this update from showing up in my Windows Updates?  Do I just turn off Non Windows Updates?

Thanx - Bob

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Well I turned on Updates (it was only off for a few days) & the old Display driver once again appeared along with others from Windows & HP.

So I ran your ZIP file & it still could not find the driver I want to hide, even tho it was it was in the list of updates & queued to be installed.  So what to do?  I'm somewhat pregnant at this point so I restart the computer, "everything" installs.  No warnings or notices.  I then run your Zip & it still finds nothing regarding the the old display drvr just d/l'd & supposedly installed.

Then I open device manager & look at the Display properties driver folder and the NEW more recent driver is still in place!!!  It did not get overwritten this time by the old driver.   ?????   Cornfusing to say the least.

So magically it's fixed I guess. (for now)

Thanx again for indulging me.

-Bob

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi, Bob:

This should work:

I have zipped up and attached the Microsoft Hide Windows update utility, below.

Unzip the file.

Install the working 31.0.1101.27 Intel driver.

Immediately run the Microsoft Hide Windows update utility you unzipped.

It should find the Intel 2620.100.7926 (2/25/2020) driver that is causing issues.

Check the box to hide the update.

The utility will run again and report that the problem is 'Fixed.'

Restart the PC and you should no longer be bothered by that graphics driver update.

HP Recommended

Thanx Paul, I really appreciate the effort,  but that did not find the file.

Perhaps it is because I stopped Updates from happening?

Maybe I have to enable Updates & wait for it to show as an update?

-Bob

ps- for users that may have this issue, I found I can navigate using the touchscreen without the flicker.  So I pasted a copy of the newer non-flick Display s/w on my desktop & I can quickly install it as a work around to HP's failure to fix this common problem.

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Bob.

Yes, if you stopped Windows update, no updates would show up including that one until you re-enabled receiving updates from Windows.

Paul

HP Recommended

Well I turned on Updates (it was only off for a few days) & the old Display driver once again appeared along with others from Windows & HP.

So I ran your ZIP file & it still could not find the driver I want to hide, even tho it was it was in the list of updates & queued to be installed.  So what to do?  I'm somewhat pregnant at this point so I restart the computer, "everything" installs.  No warnings or notices.  I then run your Zip & it still finds nothing regarding the the old display drvr just d/l'd & supposedly installed.

Then I open device manager & look at the Display properties driver folder and the NEW more recent driver is still in place!!!  It did not get overwritten this time by the old driver.   ?????   Cornfusing to say the least.

So magically it's fixed I guess. (for now)

Thanx again for indulging me.

-Bob

HP Recommended

Anytime,  Bob.

Glad to have been of assistance. 

Cheers, 

Paul 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.