Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Hp pavilion 14-bf172TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought Hp pavilion 14-bf172TX two and half years ago. Few day ago i noticed a black thin horizontal line at top of the display starting from left to right of display. Its very subtle to notice it. But today i opened my laptop and i saw that at the upper part of black line dispaly is flashing and stayed 1 or 2 seconds and then disappear. I already update all graphics driver and do the same thing with BIOS also. Please help me and i don not what to do.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Polash1

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• When was the last time it worked without these issues?
  • Have you checked the display on an external monitor?

Let’s try these steps to resolve the problem:

I recommend you attempt to access the BIOS screen by tapping on F10 while the computer is restarting, 

If the issue persists in the BIOS screen which is outside windows, it would confirm a hardware failure.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Around 10 day ago the issue did not persist. I did not check the display with connecting to external monitor. But i checked in bios and the issue is still there. When i start the laptop the black thin horizontal line shows different type of colors and sometimes in the windows also and then color disappear but the black color stays all the time.

HP Recommended

@Polash1

Thank you for posting back.

I appreciate your efforts to try and isolate the issue. This sounds like hardware related issue with the internal display and in order to fix this issue,  your computer needs to be serviced. As we have limited support boundaries in the support community as of now. 

I would request you to reach out to our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options in order to diagnose the computer physically.  HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:  www.hp.com/contacthp/
​​​​​​​

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But i do not understand why this issue started. I did not do anything wrong that create problem on display.

The black line turns white when the display is woke up.

HP Recommended

@Polash1

Could you please share the picture of the display?

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

line at the top of cursorline at the top of cursor

HP Recommended

Line at the top of cursor

HP Recommended

@Polash1

I appreciate your efforts to try and resolve the issue. I would suggest performing system factory reset will put the computer back to the original factory settings in this way all corrupted and outdated software will be removed. 

While doing the recovery there is an option to back up your personal files. If you have not previously done one now is a good time. 

Restoring Files that were Backed Up Using HP Recovery Manager (Windows )You can also contact HP support for assistance. They can remotely access your system to help alleviate difficulties: www.hp.com/contacthp/

The HP Cloud Recovery Tool allows you to download recovery software to a USB drive. You can use the downloaded recovery image file in order to install the Windows operating system. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

But I already format c drive and reinstall windows and problem did not solve. But I did not do any factory reset. Now I will do it.

Can you tell how to do factory reset? But one problem that 1 year ago i added an  ssd  and then install my windows in ssd and format Hard disk. So all backup and recovery file that Hp provided all are removed.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.