09-14-2019 05:51 AM
So the last time my HDMI worked was 2 years ago. Back then I wasn't really bothered by it because it don't use an external display as much other than our classroom's TV. But now I really want to invest in a monitor but my HDMI doesn't work. I've already tried updating my display drivers but it didn't help. The symptoms are the following:
- When changing display/projector settings anything other from "PC screen only" and closing it, it just reverts back to "PC screen only" when I open the menu again
- When trying to detect an external display using the windows 10 settings, it can't find anything even though I connected the laptop to a monitor using an HDMI cable.
Other than that, the only problem with the port is that its dusty. The only time I cleaned it was about a week ago, trying to solve the problem but to no avail. Is software the problem or is it the port?
09-17-2019 12:37 PM
Have you tried with different monitors or have you tried connecting other Laptops to the Monitor? This will help us rule out any issues with the HDMI Cable or monitor.
I suggest you download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...
HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also ensure Windows is up to date.
Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Keep me posted how it goes
Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊
If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.
I Am An HP Employee
09-18-2019 04:06 AM
Hi! Thank you for responding. The monitor and HDMI cable worked for another laptop and my laptop couldn't detect other displays (like the classroom TV) other than the monitor. I have already updated my drivers in the HP support assistant but it still didn't fix the problem. I'm really convinced that the problem is in my HDMI port.
09-18-2019 03:17 PM
Try reinstalling the Graphics driver from Device Manager and let me know if the issue persists
- Select the Start button, type Device Manager, and select it from the list of results.
- Look for Display Adapters and expand the List
- Look for Graphics driver then right-click it, and select Update Driver.
- Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
- If these steps don't work, try reinstalling the driver: Open Device Manager, right-click the Graphics driver and select Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
I Am An HP Employee
09-19-2019 01:38 PM