Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

This netbook has hardly been used.  I bought it for the kids to pitter around on and one of them slammed the screen down in anger.  Obviously, I grounded them from it but the next time I turned it on I saw these beautiful multi colored stationary vertical lines going up and down half of the screen.  It is at home right now and I am at work so I don't know when the lines appear - if it's during bootup or after, but can anyone give me a run down of the possible issues/fixes?

I would really like to fix this myself. But I don't want to start the process until I have an idea of what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance!

New Image.JPG

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello LLedbe,

Sorry to hear about the display issue you are having with your HP laptop. The first step would be confirming that this is a hardware issue. You need to turn the computer on and go into the BIOS of the system. If the lines display while on the BIOS screen then the LED screen needs to be replaced.

Follow these steps to boot into the BIOS:

1. Turn the computer on
  2. Immediately start tapping the "ESC" key
  3. Select the option System Setup the "F10" key

If you provide me with the computer model and product number I can look for part information for you as well.

Signature
↙-----------How do I give Kudos?| How do I mark a post as Solved? ----------------↓

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.