Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 14-bs0xx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I read about disabling and enabling the use of Fn key to use the function keys in a familiar ways. Now, is it possible to reverse these functions? For an instance, I use F2 key to lower the brightness and Fn + F2 to rename file. I want to reverse how they use because I frequently use function keys in creating programs and its so inconvinient for me to use this Fn key. if you have software capable to make this happen, please tell me.

Thanks everyone.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@KaToryo

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to enable the "Action Key mode". Is that correct? If yes, 

Please refer to this document for steps.

Let me know how that goes.

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@KaToryo

Greetings!

Welcome to the HP Community. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips to your technical queries. I have reviewed your post and I understand, you are trying to enable the "Action Key mode". Is that correct? If yes, 

To thank us for our efforts to help you, click here to access your public post and Select - "Accept as solution" and click on the purple "Thumbs up". 

Have a great day!

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

@asmita6658 wrote:

@KaToryo

Greetings!

Have a great day!

Hey, it solves my query. Thanks.

HP Recommended

@KaToryo

Happy to hear that 🙂 I truly appreciate your time and patience in getting this resolved.

If you need further assistance feel free to reach out to us.

Have a great weekend 🙂

Asmita
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.