Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 15.6 2017
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

So interesting enough I bought an hp envy the first time around and noticed that I would get a screen glitch for a split second. It would appear on the screen, two to three lines across and again only for a split second and would happen randomly. I had to return that laptop for other reasons and opted to get this one instead. Low and behold this laptop has the same screen glitch and again happens at random times. It doesn’t prevent me from doing my work but just annoying to pay so much for a high end computer and have silly issues like this. Listed below are the methods that I have tried to fix the issue but it’s still happening.

What I have done:

- Updated my bios, intel HD 620, nvidia

- Installed old Intel HD 620 driver [21.20.16.4534]

Hardware:

• Windows 10 Home 64
  • 7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 processor [i7-7700HQ]

- 16 GB memory; 2 TB HDD storage; 128 GB SSD storage

- 5.6" diagonal UHD IPS UWVA display

- NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1050 Ti (4 GB GDDR5 dedicated)

Thank you for all your help!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @axman803

Thanks for the post, 

I understand that you get intermittent lines on your computer, with the replacement computer as well. 

Don't worry, I will be glad to help. 

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Does the issue occur when the power adapter is connected or disconnected?

Recommend you run a system test on your computer. Click here for assistance. 

Once the test passes, please restart your computer. 

Run HP Support Assistant to make sure all the drivers are updated. Click here. 

Also, make sure all the Windows updates are installed. 

If the issue persists, after the updates, please shut down the computer. 

Enter BIOS by tapping F10 repeatedly on startup. 

Observe the computer in BIOS. 

If the lines come up in BIOS as well, please contact our phone support for the service options. 

If the issue is not visible in BIOS, restart the computer and open Nvidia Control Panel and set it for high performance. 

Refer to this HP Article, under "Setting the graphics processor for one software program or game " section, change the global settings to Nvidia. 

This should resolve the issue you are facing. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.