Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
If this driver doesn't want to work on win7 as well, I will try the even older driver. Alright, time to install win7!
HP Recommended
Niice, I fixed it! I'm gonna save this driver and the second older one, thank you for helping me!
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

Glad to have been of assistance.

Maybe W10 is too new/much for that model.

HP Recommended
I think so as well, I'll stick with windows 7. I wanted to install an SSD to boost it a bit, but I'm not really sure if it's compatible or not.
HP Recommended

I wouldn't recommend a SSD in the models with the AMD processors, because the sata mode is IDE only.

There would be no TRIM support, and I think that its very possible the SSD may not even work.

If you have one laying around, you can try it, but I definitely wouldn't go out and buy one for that model.

Some SSD's worked in the later Intel models such as the dv6500t's.

HP Recommended
Then I think it's better to go with a normal one, 7200rpm.
HP Recommended

Yes, I agree.

7,200 RPM would be a slight improvement over the stock 5,400.

Get one with a large cache like 64 MB if you can.

HP Recommended
I'll try to find some. I also want to upgrade the cpu to a 2.0ghz amd one. Maybe even 2.2ghz, if amd turion tl-68 works on this model... It's probably limited to 2.0ghz.
HP Recommended

I think you are right about the 2.0 Ghz limitation.

Here is the link to the service manual for your model.

The supported AMD processors are listed on page 1-2.

http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c01035677.pdf

HP Recommended
Well... It's going to be cheap replacing it then. Thank you for helping again, this was my last solution. Thank you!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.