Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion dv9500
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Hello,

My HP pavilion dv9500 is runing windows 10, but the video driver is not working, instead its using the windows default driver.  I looked online, but i cant find a newer driver.  Any help will be great.

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are only very old drivers available for the graphics card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M which are not easy to install on system. Here are the latest drivers I have found.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/8971/en-us

To install the drivers you will have to download them from link above. Now install the the program you have downloaded.

This will not install the drivers however it will create a folder with the extracted drivers in C:\nvidia. You are going to have to install them manually. Reboot the computer.

Now go to device manager (right-click on start > device manager) and got to heading display adapters. Now right-click ont the display adapter and click on update drivers and choose to browse computer for the drivers. Go to the nvidia folder you created by trying to install the drivers above (c:\nvidia) and choose this folder (and subfolders) . 

This should install the driver, reboot and go to device manager to see that windows recognizes the video card.

Hope it helps,

David

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

There are only very old drivers available for the graphics card NVIDIA GeForce Go 7150M which are not easy to install on system. Here are the latest drivers I have found.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/8971/en-us

To install the drivers you will have to download them from link above. Now install the the program you have downloaded.

This will not install the drivers however it will create a folder with the extracted drivers in C:\nvidia. You are going to have to install them manually. Reboot the computer.

Now go to device manager (right-click on start > device manager) and got to heading display adapters. Now right-click ont the display adapter and click on update drivers and choose to browse computer for the drivers. Go to the nvidia folder you created by trying to install the drivers above (c:\nvidia) and choose this folder (and subfolders) . 

This should install the driver, reboot and go to device manager to see that windows recognizes the video card.

Hope it helps,

David

HP Recommended

Thank you David,

I was able to install the Nvidia driver you gave me from the first try.

Great job.  Now I just have to resole another Driver under "Other device" called "Base System device" and "coprocessor"

Any idea ?

and Thank you again big time

Fidzo

HP Recommended
1. Download the driver that I leave in the link
2. Unzip the driver
3. Go to device manager and update it in the controller location.
and ready

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.