Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 14 Laptop PC (28Z15AV)

Hi. I was after a decent gaming laptop and I purchased the HP Pavillion 14. I wasn’t wanting a high end machine just something that run games like Fortnite, or even emulated droid games on bluestacks.

the shop assured me it was “great for gaming for a low entry machine” after buying it I quickly upgraded the useless 128GB NVMe to a 2TB. And the useless 4GB ram to 32GB. Thinking I was set I started installing my games. And I quickly found that this thing only has 128MB graphics?!! I only checked this out when I seen Fortnite was struggling to run.

The odd thing is the machine has allocated 10GB of the 32GB ram for graphics - why I have no idea because it clearly doesn’t do anything but steel ram I can’t use now. I can’t even change it in the BIOS for crying out loud.

considering the laptop is advertised as “UHD” and 4K Display panel” on the box! And they only give the machine 128MB of video memory???

I wanted to ask before I take this thing back to the shop is there anyway I can improve how the laptop plays Fortnite? Even on the lowest settings (within the game) the laptop still struggles to load textures etc. it’s seriously annoying considering how much I paid for this useless machine.

I’ve checked drivers etc apparently I already have the best available - it’s an Intel chip…..I’m not impressed with this laptop at all.

sorry for my rant but after what I’ve spent on upgrades for it. AND having to buy a new charger because HP and the shop wouldn’t replace the FAULTY one supplied in the box! I’m pretty annoyed. Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.