Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
01-06-2023 05:36 PM
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the community -so maybe i set some categories wrong, i'm sorry -but i have a pretty bad issue.
I have an HP Envy X360 15-ew0000 bought literally 3 days ago, unfortunately the pen was not included so i decided to buy it separately after checking the compatibility (HP says the HP MPP Pen 2.0 is compatible). The HP Pen Control doesn't recognize the pen, it gave me troubles also with the download of the software because the pc was not considerated as compatible, but anyway i cannot either use the tilt function because it doesn't work.
I alredy tried to do the following things:
- Update all the drivers with the official HP Software
- Update the system via Windows Update (including optional updates)
- Update the BIOS
- Tried to contact HP but i cannot speak or chat with anyone because the site says me in my region the service is not enabled (Italy).
The Laptop is obviously in warranty, pen included.
Can anyone help?
01-12-2023 06:52 AM - edited 01-15-2023 02:30 AM
Welcome to the HP Support Community
I understand you are facing an issue with your HP ENVY X360 15.6 Inch 2-In-1 Laptop PC 15-Ew0000. Not to worry I will help you to get a resolution to resolve the issue.
Update the BIOS, & Video card drivers:
- Here's the link to download and install the above updates: Click here
Perform Windows Update and HP Support Assistant: (do not skip any troubleshooting steps if you feel steps are repeating)
To check for updates now, select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update, and select Check for updates.
Install updates from HP Support Assistant: Go to Download HP Support Assistant to install the tool.
- To open HP Support Assistant, double-click the HP Support Assistant icon .
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
If the issue still persists, then please refer to this document: HP PCs - Touch screen stylus pen is inaccurate or stops working
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
01-15-2023 02:29 AM
Thank you for your response, I really appreciate your efforts. As the issue still persists, I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action.
Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community