Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi there

I got a new work laptop HP ProBook 445 G8 which I want to use with my Razer Chroma Dock with Thunderbolt 4 (backwards compatible with T3). My Two screens are connected using HDMI to USB-C port on the dock however only one external screen works. If I use my old Dell Dock WD19, both external monitors come on however they are connected via DVI to DP on the dock.

I also tried combination of DVI to USB-C and HDMI to USBC, no joy with the Razer Dock Chroma however Dell WD19 dock works on any combination, HDMI/USB-C or DVI/USB-C or HDMI and DP combination..

Just to note, I'm using 2x External iiyama 27" whilst the laptop is open to get 3 screens in total.

Thing is, if I use my old Dell XPS 9560 with the new Razer dock, both external screens are working so I'm pretty sure, this is down to new laptop.

Anyone came across this before?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@JakubWz 

Your notebook is compatible with the following docking stations

The following support S3 (Working)/S4 (Hibernation)/S5 (Shutdown) wake on LAN (via out of band) and S0 (Working)/S3 (Sleep)/S4 (Hibernation)/S5 (Shutdown) MPAT (via out of band):

HP Docking Station: 

• HP USB-C Mini Dock,
  • HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2,
  • HP USB-C Dock G5,
  • HP Thunderbolt™ Dock 120 W G2.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Banhien

Thank you for quick reply and I do appreciate the compatibility issue you raised, however it does not explain why the laptop works with my old Dell WD19 without any issues but does not work with the Razer. At the end of the day, its brand new piece of kit and as such, should accommodate likes of Thunderbolt 4 with backwards compatibility with Thunderbolt 3. I mean my 6 years old Dell XPS works with the Razer Dock without any issues, and so as much I appreciate your reply, it is not acceptable solution. 

There must be a reason why this does not work. BIOS? Driver? Chipset? 

The model I'm using is with AMD Ryzen 7 5800U, could that be an issue?

HP Recommended

@JakubWz wrote:

...I mean my 6 years old Dell XPS works with the Razer Dock without any issues, and so as much I appreciate your reply, it is not acceptable solution. 

@JakubWz 

I can't add more comments about that except few words: NO ALL USB-C ports are the same.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hello Banhien

True that, so easy to forget that fact.

Appreciate the reply. 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.