Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 13"
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After connecting with external monitor the screen starts to flicker or gets fuzzy. 

My drivers are all updated. My Windows is updated. "HP Support Assistant" doesn't help. 

Tons of suggestions (lover the refresh rate, change the resolution) doesn't help.

Checked with 1 new adapter "USB-C to HDMI" and 1 new cable "USB-C to HDMI". 

This is the same problem like thousands other HP customers with this same issue.

4K display laptops can't connect to external monitors. Do something with that HP !!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Set7x7 

Before we can help, we need to know what EXACTLY is your HP Spectre x360 13" ? Please use the following instructions to find out the model/product of your machine:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

or

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00033108

Please do NOT post its Serial number (s/n).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

9CK95EA#AKD

HP Recommended

and this is what I have: 

20200420_090028.jpg

HP Recommended

So, no answer for 4 days?

Maybe then you can suggest a 4k external monitor which is going to work with my top spec HP Spectre x360 2020 4K AMOLED Laptop? Is there anything you can suggest to help me use it with external monitor?

What i've been trying:

1. BIOS - not displaing on external because this is done by Windows.

2. installing linux Ubuntu. No help. This same after a while + fingertips reader not working.

3. looking for replacement - if I can't do with it what I want and what should be obvious this days I'll return it and buy Apple what suggested other your customer evenly annoyed as me right now.

HP Recommended

Bought new monitor 4k Benq EW3270U and no improvement.

Installed driver for Benq.

Connected via cable USB-C to USB-C port in monitor. This same.

Nothing else left only change of laptop...

Great HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.