Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

What drivers from Nov 2018 did you install? I didn't see any on the drivers page for the laptop dated Nov 2018, but found a driver on Intel's website (Radeon™ RX Vega M Graphics 18.10.2 BETA Driver) dated 11/8/2018, but that didn't seem to work either.

HP Recommended

The Nov 2018 Intel driver is not on the HP website. 

If you are running with the Original Intel driver dated Feb 2018 then by going into the Device Manager and updating the Intel driver from the Device Manager you will be upgraded to the Nov 2018 Intel driver. 

After that you should be able to upgrade to the DCH and most recent Intel driver dated May 28, 2019..

HP Recommended

So unfortunately that did not work because updating the Feb 2018 Intel driver from HP resulted in the March 2019 driver being installed.

I was finally able to install the Intel DCH Drivers (5/28/2019 26.20.100.6912) by doing the following:

- Uninstall the Intel HD Graphics 630 driver via the Device Manager and then do NOT restart. Restarting would result in the HP Intel drivers then being automatically re-installed.

- Right click inside the Device Manager and select 'Scan for hardware changes'. This will result in a generic Microsoft display driver being installed.

- You should now be able to install the DCH Drivers.

Essentially, the Intel DCH Driver setup wizard checks the currently installed driver and will not allow you to proceed installing if the current version is from HP. This is most likely because there could be stability issues because HP has not verified that it works with the laptop. Although, I haven't had any issues so far.

For those with the same issue, the above also assumes that you have already done the following discussed in this thread:

- Upgraded the bios to the latest version: F.31 Rev.A (May 22, 2019)

- Running Windows 10 1903. I had to manually install via Windows 10 Update assistant (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10)

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.