Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've bought Spectre X2 and started to experience issue with screen flickering 😞

Google it and found that it is very common issue with Intel Graphics and X2

Reproduced very easy by scrolling graphics content within Browser or just by moving window through desktop.

I've tried to disable Panel Self Refresh option in Intel Graphics Driver settings but still no luck - issue is here.

Interesting that sometime it can repeat few times per minute but sometime not.

What can I do with that? Reinstalling Windows or Drivers did not help...

That is video how it looks:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1d_MaM7F-6U-qR0D9CEi9rZkGvrDAruiG/view?usp=sharing

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Gimburg,

Welcome to the HP Forums 🙂 I would like to take a moment and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. I see from your post that you are having issues with the screen flickering on your HP Spectre x2 notebook. Don't worry we'll work together to help you find a solution.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Have you recently made any changes on the PC before the issue started?

Did you check for any damage on the PC?

Have you tried to update the drivers?

Have you checked if the issue persists even in the Bios screen?

Have you checked connecting this laptop to an alternate monitor?

For now let's try these steps here: 

Step 1: Performing a hard reset

Step 2: Connect an external monitor to test the display:

The notebook screen display might remain black when there is a corrupted graphics driver or a problem with the LCD display backlight. To test the display, attach an external monitor and restart the computer. Testing with an external display is helpful if the notebook display is black but you can hear sounds; such as fans, spinning drives, or beep tones that indicate the computer is operating.

Step 3: ​​​​Boot the computer into the Bios screen and check if the screen persists.

1. Turn off your computer
2. Make sure you have connected the power cable
3. Turn on your notebook, as it is starting press the  F10 button repeatedly

Once you are in the BIOS, if the screen persists, it is likely a hardware failure.

If the screen is not flickering in the Bios, then this could be a software or driver issue. 

Let's restart the computer and then uninstall the display drivers from device manager

Use shortcut keys Win + X on Windows 10

Select Device Manager.

Expand the entry. Right-click the problematic device and select Uninstall device.

You may need to check the option Delete the driver software for this device, and then click the Uninstall button.

Now restart the computer and then update the Bios, Chipset and graphics card drivers on your PC from our HP support website, using this link.

Also, download and install HP support assistant on your PC. It should automatically download and install the latest updates and drivers for your PC.

Refer this link to know how to use HP support assistant.

If the issue persists, I would suggest the next step would be to run a test an extensive test on the graphics card which is listed under Component test

You could also try to run an extensive test on the system. (Please capture the failure ID for further assistance).

For more assistance, please follow the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Notebook and All-in-One PCs - Troubleshooting Screen Issues (Windows 10, 8, 7)

Could you please respond to this post with the details and with the results of the troubleshooting as this will help me in further assisting you.

Eagerly waiting for your response!

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I've tried all steps above and also re-installed drivers.

PC were not damaged within using.

I even did clean Windows 10 Installation from Recovery Manager.

Within BIOS screen works properly and not blinked.

But once Windows 10 loaded screen artefacts appear anywere - in the browser, when moving window, showing photos etc.

I've even tried to reduce Display refresh rate from 60Hz to 40Hz - looks like it helped but just issue happened bit rare.

I really like Spectre X2 - it have best look and feel from any notebooks i've owned so far but this issue is killing me 😞

HP Recommended

@Gimburg,

It's great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated. 

As I see you have exhausted all possible troubleshooting steps and unfortunately nothing has helped to resolve this issue. 

In this scenario,  I'm sending out a Private message with the information you need to get this sorted,

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Forums profile 

Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it 

Keep me posted,

that said, If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.