Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx Convertible purchased 12-2017, MFG date 9-2017, Windows 10. I updated BIOS 10/15/2018 per online suggestion. When multiple windows are opened - Outlook, Excel, Onenote or any other window - the top of each windows becomes semi translucent and shows vertical line ghosting of images behind each window. I have an external monitor and the same stacjed multiple windows are crisp and clear so I don't think its a software issue. I just noticed now that when the windows are near the bottom of the display the top color bar is darker and closer to normal but when the windows are brought near the top of the display, they become lighter and more transparrent. The bigger problem which happens intermittently (3 -4 times so far), the entire screen is covered in vertical lines (see below). The mouse or the screen touch does not respond, only hitting power button. I have already had to return this Notebook last year for replacement of a faulty speaker. Fortunately, it was still in warranty then, but isn't now. Did HP have an issue with this disply or make a few lemons of this model? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

HP display vert lines 3-2019.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@MProvo

Shipping the unit in for physical diagnosis will isolate the failure. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop.  

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@MProvo
Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

This looks like "display" hardware related issue. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you Echo Lake. I was afraid of that. Since this is the second hardware related issue in less than 2 years, I am concerned about possible known problems with this particular model and or manufacturing date. Following are my specs: Product Description- HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx, Product Number - Z4Z38UA, Product ID Z4Z38UA#ABA, Serial Number - [edited], Date Manufactured -  7/2017. I would appreciate you investigating this and letting me know. Thank you again 

HP Recommended

@MProvo

Shipping the unit in for physical diagnosis will isolate the failure. I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to check the available service options for your laptop.  

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.