Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Stream x360 - 11-p015wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Stream x360 - 11-p015wm, pretty much stock. No hardware upgrades. 

I bought this with a broken screen and digitizer, I replaced it with a new one and everything worked fine. I was running windows 8.1 64. The touch screen functioned just as it should with no issues. I decided to run a clean install of windows 10 home, and wiped out the partitions. Once windows 10 was finished, i noticed that I could not use the touch screen any longer. I literally got through the start up with cortana and using Tab key and enter... Once windows 10 completed i did the windows updates and that did nothing to bring back the touch screen feature. I went to HP's website to look for any drivers for windows 10, there were none for that particular function, so I looked at the windows 8.1 drivers and again no drivers I needed. I started looking through the settings and pen in touch was not active, I went into device manager under human interface to locate the touch screen driver to see if maybe it was disabled, but there was no such driver installed under human interface. I searched start menue for any kind of touch or tablet pc setting but nothing came up. This pc did not even recognize that there is even a touch screen feature. I then started to scour the internet to see if maybe there was a 3rd party driver available and again led me nowhere. I went to microsoft website to see if there maybe an update for this, i saw a bunch of people with the same problem but no one had a solution. so i went back and searched for more updates and drivers from microsoft, HP, windows, etc.... I tried rebooting, I tried looking in bios to see if there would possibly be a function to enable but nothing... HOWEVER... When I was in the bios settings I noticed that my touchscreen WAS WORKING...!!!! I was very excited, but that was short lived. When I rebooted back into windows, the touchscreen stopped working again. so I went back into bios and sure enough the touchscreen was working. There are no settings in windows that allows me to turn anything on or off enable or disable, instal, or uninstall. What can I do to fix this to work in windows not just the bios. Keep in mind for anyone responding THERE IS NOTHING IN SETTINGS IVE TRIED THEM ALL.... I thank anyone and everyone who has taken the time to read this, and any help is appreciated...!!!!!!!!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Try reinstalling the Intel Serial I/O chipset driver from hp.com

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended
Try reinstalling the Intel Serial I/O chipset driver from hp.com
HP Recommended

YES...!!!! You are the F***ing man. I have been battling with this problem for over 3 days. I even procrastinated on your solution. Thinking, it cant be that simple. But yes, I downloaded the driver from HP but I downloaded the windows 8.1 Serial I/O Driver. as soon as it installed I re-booted the device and I pushed the screen expecting nothing a boom all functionality is back man. Thank you very much bro.

"You're Good, You"

HP Recommended
Sure, glad I could help, it's actually a common problem with the Stream notebooks.
HP Recommended

You have probably sorted this now but I have a fix 
Uninstall the driver that is marked intel atom/celeron/** 
Reinstall BOTH i/O Drivers 

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69829.exe

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp69501-70000/sp69830.exe 

Boom sorted!
Took alot of fiddling but it worked!

HP Recommended

On the Spanish language forum someone uploaded a backup for the  drivers. I installed them after I formated the hard drive and did a clean installation of windows 8.1. The backup made the touchscreen work perfectly (the touch screen was dead, it didn't even appear on the device manager).

I don't know if it would work on windows 10, but here it is:

drivers: https://mega.nz/#F!WVQCgLi   Key: !fB0EZJ8iYZI6N9qhHfHy6Q (HP thread https://h30467.www3.hp.com/t5/Pantalla-y-v%C3%ADdeo-para-notebooks/Driver-pantalla-touch-hp-stream-x...)

The backup was done with the software "Driver Genius".

Credits: Carlos Mena (CarlosXIII)

-edit-

The original poster had w10, so I guess it would work

¿could someone curate the driver list, to have just the ones necessary to fix this problem? (I installed them all, but maybe some were unnecessary)

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.