04-23-2018 08:32 AM
I write again on the forum to segnalate a new issue on my Spectre.
After "fighting" two month with the repair center, they finally change motherboard, touchscreen and other small parts on my spectre for an issue with the digitizer.
Now I have the notebook from a week and the digitizer is more precise and have more sensitivity to pressure but when I'm writing every 20-30 seconds (randomly) the pen stop writing for a while (it seems a lag). This seem a software issue.
I suggest to HP to improve the driver of touchscreen seriously, because for me and for other customers this is the worst product in term of optimization (and assistance) that I ever bought.
And another big thing to improve is the HP Pen Control software. All other brand have a good suite to customize the pen (change the pressure sensitivity, regulate jittering and other things, see for example the Surface App or the Wacom App) but HP only offer a old software that permit to customize only the side buttons.
Anybody agree to me or have the same problems?
04-24-2018 08:30 AM
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP.
They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number.
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact.
Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum.
04-29-2018 02:48 AM
I have the exact same problem. Happens in every software I tried and with every pen I tried (HP Tilt Pen, Wacom Bamboo Ink). There's no difference between using a Windows Ink or a native writing detection app.
This bug is really annoying and has to be fixed as soon as possible. When writing, I have to re-write 30% of all words and have to be very careful not to miss one, because of the pen lag.
I still have time to return my device. Is it most likely a hardware or software issue? And will it be fixed soon?
07-05-2018 10:23 PM
My machine: HP Spectre x360 13-ae007tu
The problem you have still there after 1803 update. I've tried with Surface Pen 2018, Adonit Ink, and the HP Active Stylus (no tilt, came with the machine) they all do the same thing.
Further more I have the following problem:
1. drwing 10 "I" line, 1cm tall semi quickly, "IIIIIIIIII", some of the stroke will be either missing completely, or partial draw, always start "missing" from the start of the stroke.
- I tried with all 3 pens stated above. same problem.
- left half of the screen(digitizer) is much better, most of the time 1 stroke with about 2~3mm missing, but workable, meaning that hand writing notes on the left side of the screen is ok.
- on few occations (during a week or 2 trial), both side works fine, but soon the right side start failing again.
- Seems like there is a big lag during the problematic stroke and the digitizer simply didn't pick up the stroke.
- If I go slow, very slow, pen down and wait 1 sec, digitizer picks up 99% of time. But I simply cannot wait a second or more on every stroke......
2. Jitter, the whole screen have this issue, when right side start missing stroke with the problem 1 above, jitter is much more pronounce.
So for N-trig (mpp) device, I need to write fast to reduce jitter, but if I write fast, I have problem 1......
I've tried most of the things found on web trying to fix it.
a. reset HP sepectre (hold power 15 sec .... ect)
b. registry edit.
- touch prediction
- Wisp Pen setting
- disable flick
c. with or without a film on the screen
d. batterie change (or charge up in the case of adonit ink)
e. and of course, all driver updated even BIOS is the lates Version 21
f. making sure eztouchfilter is running under the human interface (device manager), and the latest version 18.104.22.168
hope someone can share some thought on this, I ran out of options already....
10-06-2018 08:33 AM
I have exactly the same problem on the right side of the screen. I often write empty letters, that is, the digitizer does not detect my movement at all but just wait a few seconds and do it again that magically works.
I 'm attaching two videos where you see the problem:
As you can see in the videos, even turning the screen upside down, the problem always remains on the right side. I do not understand how it is possible