Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Hoping someone can help me, I have a HP x360 G5 1040 elitebook.
After upgrading to Win11 i noticed that the touchscreen stopped working with finger touch but still works with the pen / stylus . It was working prior to upgrading to Win11.

After not particular liking Win11 and my touchscreen not working with finger touch i decided to go back to Win10 64bit.

I did a clean install with Win10 and i still have the same issue my touchscreen , the pen / stylus works with the screen but finger touch still doesnt work 😞 .

I have re-installed twice using all the HP drivers with the same outcome as above and also tried reinstalling using the Windows updates drivers and still same issue. I have tried Win10 builds old and new and seem to have same issue.

All the drivers in device manager are correctly installed with none that are having issues. I have disabled the "HID-Compliant touch screen" and re-enabled and still same result.

I am running out of ideas. Can someone please help.

I have googled and found that there are others out there (with different brand laptop with touch screen ) with the same issue as me and mention it could be related to a Win10 update or driver software related issue.

Thanks in advance !

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Any help please ?
I have re-installed Win10 with the latest build and latest drivers , and still have this annoying problem ! 
Google searches shows that im not the only person with this problem and seems to be a quite common theme.

HP Recommended

I also noticed in the BIOS menu when trying to use the touch (with finger) on screen it does not do anything or recognise the touch.

@Support Admin can you please help with this issue ASAP. There seems to be alot HP customers with this problem !!! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.