Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
ZBook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a boot issue when using a USB-C to VGA adapter with my ZBook. I have tried a couple now and the issue is still present.

If I leave the adapter plugged in and power on the machine (from off or sleep), the dedicated GPU, which handles the USB-C and HDMI video out, displays nothing, no errors are shown and everything seems to work. I can even run applications using the dedicated GPU and they work fine.

If I power off the machine, a restart does not work,  unplug the adapter and power it back on, then plug the adapter in after the machine has posted, it works fine and my external display output is working again.

The dedicated GPU is an Nvidia Quadro M3000M

I updated the bios to version 1.53 and the issue did not go away. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Anyone?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.