Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ZR22w

Hello all, is there a way to connect a ZR22w Monitor to a notebook with HDMI port , knowing the monitor does not have an HDMI port?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The HDMI to display port will send the laptop's image to the monitor, not the other way around.

In some instances, a HDMI to display port cable will carry audio as well as video.

That depends on the DP version your monitor has, and if it has a speaker system.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about those things.

You are correct regarding HDMI to DVI...video but no audio.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the monitor specs below, it has display port and DVI inputs.

HP ZR22w 21.5-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor - Specifications | HP® Customer Support

You can either use a HDMI to DVI cable or a HDMI to display port cable to connect your notebook to the monitor.

HDMI to DVI cable:

DVI to HDMI Cable, CableCreation 1.5M Bi-Directional: Amazon.de: Computers & Accessories

HDMI to Display Port cable:

Rankie Verbindungskabel Displayport auf HDMI, 4K: Amazon.de: Elektronik

HP Recommended

Hello Paul,

Thanks for the answer and the links.

However looking at the spec of display port to HDMI it seems that it does work only from Laptop ( with display port ) to Screen (with HDMI) as it is unidirectional, and the zr22w has no HDMI socket ??

Am I right or did I understood wrongly ?

Looking at the DVI to HDMI solution, it is bi-directional so it should work, but not for the audio capability ?  right ?

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

The HDMI to display port will send the laptop's image to the monitor, not the other way around.

In some instances, a HDMI to display port cable will carry audio as well as video.

That depends on the DP version your monitor has, and if it has a speaker system.

Unfortunately, I don't know much about those things.

You are correct regarding HDMI to DVI...video but no audio.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.