Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ZBook 17 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I have the same problem with 3 HP Zbook 17 G3 notebooks at the customer of mine...

The screen start to flicker at a non specific time... If  you wait a few minutes, it solves itself. Sometimes a reboot is necessary.

I've updated the graphic drivers (manually - via HP support assistant) and BIOS.

The 3 persons work a lot with Solidworks 2016.

Is this a known issue and more important, how to solve this?

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Could you please clairfy the following:

1. if the issue is seen only when you are working on Solidworks 2016?

2. have you tried updating to the latest bios, latest video drivers from hp.com website and windows 10 updates and check if it helps?

3. In graphics control center > try setting solidworks to "high performed"

refer: https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03048374

Hope this helps!

I'm an HP Employee. The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions, not of HP.
Best Regards,
Click on Thumbs up if my post helped you.
Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking an answer “Accept as Solution” if it solves your problem.
HP Recommended

Hello,

Thanks for the answer... Here my response

1. It is not only when using Solidworks 2016

2. I have updated BIOS, graphics drivers from HP website, Windows 10 updates, HP support assistant...

3. It's not only because of Solidworks, so no need to change to "high performed"

HP Recommended

Was your issue ever resolved?

HP Recommended

Unfortunately not ... Do you have the same problem or a solution?

HP Recommended

I have a similar problem with my ZBook 17 G3 and Dock P5Q61AA running together with 2x24" screens.

I've attached a clip that shows what I am experiencing. 

I need to change screen view from "Duplicate" to "Only PC screen" and back again, several times(!!!!), before screens stop flickering. Today it was a nightmare and therefor I'm here.

I had have the problem for over a year, so several updates, Windows10, bios, thunderbolt ect, dosn't help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g4fcs1ujawi4qzi/Video%2006-06-2018%2007.02.48.mov?dl=0

HP Recommended

I also having the same issue with one of my customer, he has Zbook 15 G3 with AMD Fire Pro W5170 Graphics Card with OS Windows 10 Pro, when the machine is hibernating or manually press the power to stanby mode. Now once you press the button to wake up the machine, its started showing a Garbled Display after.

Action Taken:

1. Update Latest Bios version - Not Solved

2. Made a Windows Updated - Same Issue

3. Download the Latest form https://www.amd.com/en/support/professional-graphics/mobile-platforms/firepro-mobility-series/firepr...

4. Install the downloaded latest driver package version 18.Q4.1 Released 1/17/2019

5. After completed the installation of the latest driver Display Issue FIXED

Note: Latest driver still not updated and shows in HP website so to download the latest version, just visit the links 

Hope that this information solved your issue.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.