cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
2 1 0 1
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post

Solved!

HP pen doesn't work

HP Recommended
HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0803nr
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

I purchased a HP Active Pen for my Spectre (x360 - 13-ap0803nr) laptop but can't seem to make it work. I have been able to connect the pen to my laptop via bluetooth and the buttons work fine (open apps etc) so I know for sure it has been connected, but when I touch the screen with the pen nothing happens. The touchscreen works just fine with my finger, but does not react to the pen at all. I have ran diagnostics and downloaded all the latest updates and drivers available for my computer but nothing helps. How do I fix this issue?

Thankyou in advance!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Level 11
Level 11
2,878 2,818 379 1,127
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hello @NL3456,

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

I would appreciate a specific model/product number for the HP Active Pen, although I am assuming that it looks like the one below:

c04900908_1750x1285.jpg

Furthermore, I am assuming that you meant to state the model HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0803no as I was not able to find the HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0803nr. If this is the case, I do regret to inform you that this stylus is not actually listed as being compatible with the HP Spectre x360 - 13-ap0803no. 

The only pens listed as being compatible are the 2 below, with the first being more recommended by documentation: 

• HP Pen 1MR94AA
  • HP Tilt Pen 2MY21AA

Please Accept as Solution if this answered your question.

Kind regards,

Eddy

I am currently preoccupied with both academic and professional priorities so please note that there may be a delay in my responses. Thank you for your understanding.

You can show your appreciation for my post by clicking the blue thumbs up icon.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Author
2 1 0 1
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi Eddy, and thank you so much for your response!

I have the HP rechargeable Active Pen G3 (6SG43UT, I believe?), which was recommended to me by the same shop that sold me my laptop. No wonder I haven't been able to make it work no matter what I tried!  I will have to look into switching it for one of the two pens you said would be compatible instead.

Thanks for the help!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation