Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Spectre Folio
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

On this HP Spectre Folio 13in bought Sep of last year, I started to have two issues since July.

1. lose touch control on the top of the screen

2. sound recorded with the mic is very 'tiny' sound and video conference doesn't work well

O thought it was drivers issue, as that was when new Windows 10 was upgraded. After multiple rounds of driver re-install and running diagnostics, it is still not working for 1st issue.

The 2nd issue, now has slightly higher volume heard through the mic, after playing with the options in HP Audio Control and HP Noise Reduction option, but it hasn't improved sufficiently yet.

I see some other forum questions on 'bands of touchscreen area' unresponsive. Unfortunately, I didn't realize that my warranty has expired (~20 days back now) and I didn't reach out earlier.  So, hoping folks hear might have some solution for these two issues.

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@hemangp

Welcome to HP Community

I have gone through your Post and would like to help

First let's ensure the Touchscreen issue is not a Hardware problem

Run a Touchscreen test from F2 Diagnostic 

1. Connect the AC adapter to the computer.

2. Press the Power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.

3. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second. When the Startup menu appears, press F2.

4. When the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics screen displays, click Component Tests.

Component Tests in HP PC Hardware Diagnostic UEFI

5. Click Touch Screen.

6. There are two interactive touch screen hardware tests. Click Touch Pointer Test first.

Touch Pointer Test in UEFI

7. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

8. Touch each of the blocks on the screen to erase them. The test ends after you erase all the blocks or after three minutes have passed, and the results display.

Touch the blocks to erase them

9. Click Main menu to return to the main screen.

10. Click Component Tests, and then click Touch Screen.

11. Click Drag And Drop Test.

Drag and Drop Test in UEFI

12. Read the on-screen instructions, and then click Run once.

13. Drag each orange rectangle to the box indicated by the arrows with a finger or a stylus. The test ends after you reposition all the blocks or after three minutes, and the results display.

Drag the blocks to the correct empty box

Link: https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03488148

Keep me posted

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you @KrazyToad for your quick and detailed testing guidance. Your test suggestion helped me figure out if it is hardware issue or not. Please see photos of the screen. The top 3 rows couldn't be clicked and in the drag/drop, the top-4 blocks couldn't be moved.

Does this mean, the top of the touchscreen has hardware issue?

top 3 rows can't touchtop 3 rows can't touchtop 4 drag and drop didn't worktop 4 drag and drop didn't worktouchscreen_test2.png

HP Recommended

@hemangp

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your computer

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.