Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
spectre laptop
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

I bought tilt pen. pairing went ok, the top button works and causes the whiteboard to pop up. However nothing happens if I try to touch the screen with the pen. fingers work, pen does not. 

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@MaxW2,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Could you please share the product number of your HP notebook? Use this link to find it:  https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c03754824  (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Did you purchase this HP tilt pen along with the notebook? Have you checked if this HP tilt pen is compatible with your notebook? If you haven't here's the compatibility list

Could you please respond to this post with the details so that I can provide you with accurate solution which should help you resolve this issue. 

Keep me posted!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for the help

Model notebook is HP Spectre  x360 convertible model 13-4110nd, product P1e17ea#abh, bought in Nolland

I bought teh tilt pen just now in UAE 2MY21aa#abb.

Notebook reacts to the click of the top of the pen, but not to touch on the screen. If this pen does not work , which one does ?

Many thanks

MAx

HP Recommended

@MaxW2

·Have you tried the HP pen functionality with a different device? 

I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

Step 1: Run Windows Updates troubleshooter 

Click on this link to run the troubleshooter. 

Step 2: Windows Updates 
1) In the search box, type and open Windows Updates. 
2) Check for updates. 
3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer. 

Step 3: Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

If the issue still persists, try the next step.

Step 4: Re-install the touchscreen drivers

1) In Windows, search for and open Device Manager.
2) Expand the Human Interface Devices heading.
3) The touchscreen device is labelled HID-compliant touch screen, or similar. Right-click the touch screen device and select Uninstall.

4) Confirm the uninstallation.
5) Restart the computer to reinstall the touchscreen driver.

Step 5: Configure the pen input 

1) In Windows, search for and open Calibrate the screen for pen and touch input.
2) On the Display tab, click Setup.

3) Click Pen input
4) Follow the on-screen directions and check if this helps you fix the issue.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thanks,

Did all that, 1 update for BIOS was done,

Uninstalled touchscreen

Started set-up screen for pen. had to touch screen with the pen, and nothing happened. Again the click button on top of pen is working, but touch is not.

Max

HP Recommended

@MaxW2,

According to the Consumer computers compatible with HP pens and styluses it shows that your PC supports two types one is  HP Active Pen (Synaptics) 

J4R51AA (CAN/ENG, APJ)   - SPS: 773175-001

Where as the other part is 

HP Pro Tablet Active Pen (Synaptics) K8P73AA  SPS: 798051-001

Unfortunately the one you have purchased is not supported and this could be one of the reason why it's not working. 

For more details, you may refer to the Touchscreen Compatibility List 

Let me know if this helps. 

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.