Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hey everyone,

I recently encountered a perplexing issue with my HP Elite x2 laptop screen, and I'm hoping someone here might have some insight or advice. Here's the situation:

After enabling virtualization on my laptop and running Android Studio on Debian OS from an external disk through the USB port, I noticed that the bottom portion of my laptop screen started turning white, gradually transitioning to black. It's as if dead pixels are appearing, but only in that specific area of the screen.

What's strange is that when I turn off the laptop for about 3 to 4 hours and then turn it back on, the screen returns to normal. However, the issue inevitably resurfaces after some time of usage.

Has anyone else experienced something similar or have any ideas on what might be causing this issue? I'm a bit stumped and would appreciate any insights or suggestions you might have. Thanks in advance for your help!

20240327_220303.jpg

20240327_220626.jpg

20240327_220623.jpg

20240327_220618.jpg

20240327_220509.jpg

20240327_210505.jpg

    

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.