Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Hi, my screen is flickering while playing Netflix movies. It does not happen with any other applications or when I play DVD. It starts in about 5 seconds into the movies and it happens about every 4-5 seconds. The screen goes blank for about a second, then it shows few horizontal lines, and it goes back to normal. And after few more seconds it starts again. I also noticed that it always happened when I move my mouse while playing a movie in Netflix.

My PC is HP Pavilion 17 inch monitor. With i3 Haswel processor and integrated Intel graphics. Win 8.1

I updated all the drivers, but nothing helped.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dmitry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Figured out. Changed Refresh rate from 60p Hz to 40p Hz and it solved the problem.

BTW, HP help Desk is totally useless... There is not point to call them - at least their "free" support in India is completely incompetent. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Figured out. Changed Refresh rate from 60p Hz to 40p Hz and it solved the problem.

BTW, HP help Desk is totally useless... There is not point to call them - at least their "free" support in India is completely incompetent. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your recent post; your solution has worked for me, too!

Since Netflix has embraced HTML5, I downloaded it also and checked the box on their settings to "prefer" HTML5 when playing videos.

Still, it didnt work until setting refresh rate to 40.

Thanks again!

'

HP Recommended

t settings are you all talking about boy when people post there solving ishues they dotn tell you how to do it lol.

Im having problems with netflix on my computer and I no its not my screen. It dotn do it on you tube are othere placeses only on Netflix.Angela.

HP Recommended
I never write replies to anything. I sometimes write a review but that usually consists of just rating by clicking amount of stars for whatever it is. I know you won't get this because it is 2 years after the fact but. Im gonna tey. Your solutions was. Brilliant. My netflix kept glitching out by the screen going dark every. 5-10 seconds. I tried everything else. I went to 20 websites and even paid for an analysis but nothing. I tried your very simple. Solution and it worked perfectly thank you so much!
HP Recommended

Netflix stream was fine UNTILL I installed latest winblows7 Pro updates, now the stream jitters, ok when i roll back driver.

Ellitebook 8440W

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.