Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elite X2 1012
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

At seemingly random points while using my HP Elite x2 1012, horizontal lines rise from the bottom to the top of the screen and cover the whole thing. These lines go away after I lock and unlock the computer. I've updated everything and soft reset the computer multiple times and nothing seems to help. I'm also out of warranty. What can I do? I attached a video for clarity. LINK

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Bump! Anyone else having the same issue?

HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue. Very annoying to deal with.

BUT! 

After much searching and testing I found a dark secret. I noticed it always occured (regardless of time) when booting from Ubuntu on USB so I knew it wasn't something happening soly with the hardware but something that can be triggered by  software. Also, seeing your post I thought "if someone else has the eact same glitch then it just unlikly its a random bad chip or bad gpu via manufactoring." So after searching with that in mind and looking for any similar errors with similar models I found to...

Turn off Secure boot and for some reason it goes away. Yeah I know, its weird that secure boot can effect the gpu but it does.

I wonder if HP will ban this post for telling people to do that ha, but there you go. Also, I changed the power options for the HD graphics thinking it could be the gpu changing diffrent effiency modes but I can't confirm if that will work for you. Its been about a full day since & it hasent happend and it usuaully happens a couple of times every hour or so. Merry Christmas

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response! Strangely enough, I haven't had the issue in a while and I didn't make any changes. If it happens again I'll definitely try what you said though.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.