Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
11-p015wm

How do I turn the rotation lock on for my 11-p015wm laptop? It refuses to turn on because the button in the action center is grayed out for some reason.

Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

IF your PC is running WINDOWS 10. Please try this.

Fix – Rotation Lock grayed out / missing

Solution 1 – Turn on portrait mode on your device

If Rotation Lock is grayed out or missing on your device, sometimes you just need to rotate it to portrait mode. After rotating your device, rotation lock should be clickable again. If your device doesn’t switch to portrait mode automatically, you might have to switch manually by following these steps:

1. Open Settings App and go to System > Display.
  2. Find Orientation and choose Portrait from the menu.
    portrait-orientation
  3. Your device should automatically switch to portrait mode.

Please follow the link for more information:

http://windowsreport.com/rotation-lock-grayed-windows-10/

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

GBL84

I am not an HP employee.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.