Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I've tried everything and looking online everywhere. I need my contrast adjusted and there are no options to do so. All "answers" I have received are to adjust brightness... I need to adjust my contrast on my hp pavilion notebook laptop!!

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Kimmybee

Color calibration includes the ability to very / adjust the screen contrast.

Control Panel > icon view > Display > Calibrate color

Follow the instructions in each pane -- one of the screen sets allows you to adjust the contrast.

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended
I have already tried that and that does not work. There is a brightness adjustment bar when it tells me to adjust my brightness, but no contrast bars when I'm told to adjust my contrast. It says to adjust contrast using my keyboard and there are no contrast buttons on my keyboard. I have tried pressing fn while adjusting with the brightness buttons and that doesn't work either.
HP Recommended

@Kimmybee

Rats.  That is unfortunate - at least we now have information on one solution you have tried.

For the record, I don't think any keyboard has contrast keys -- perhaps one might use the up-down-side arrows as a means to increase / descrease a setting.

If you would like the chance to have another Expert answer, please provide the details necessary to clearly identify your computer Product Number and your Operating System.  

Telling us what else you have tried would help, too -- "everything" is useful only in context.

Brilliant Post - How to Ask Your Question

When you see a Post that helps, inspires, provides fresh insight,

or teaches you something new, click the Thumbs Up on that Post.

Fixed / Answered? Click that post Accept as Solution to help others find Answers.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

There are no "Display" "Calibrate color" setting available on Windosw 10.

HP Recommended

@zepolian

Calibrate display is just located in a different place in the most recent Windows.

Option

Windows key > search for calibrate

Click to open the application.

Option

Control Panel > icon view > Color Management 

tab Advanced > Calibrate display

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

As others have noted you can get to the calibrate color setting, but the screen that shows the contrast does not have a sliding bar and it instructs user to use controls to adjust contrast. No such controls exist.

Time to return this piece and get a real laptop.

HP Recommended

@Low5Point

Right-Click on the Desktop > select (as available) your graphics display setup >

Open the display settings and adjust

For example,

(My) Zbook 17 G3 provides two graphics setups:

Intel(R) HD Graphics P530

NVIDIA Quadro M5000M

Intel control

Right-click on Desktop > Intel HP Graphics Control Panel > Display > Color Settings

Settings are available for Color (all or individual color), Brightness, Contrast, Hue, and Saturation.

Alternatively,

Control Panel > icon view > NVIDIA Control Panel > Adjust Desktop Color Settings

Settings available

How color is set (color channel, brightness, contrast, gamma)

Enhancements (digital vibrance, hue)

What is available on your computer depends on the installed graphics card(s) / chip(s).

When you next purchase, (regardless of brand), review what is installed in the computer -- if possible, purchase a computer that you can configure as you desire that includes the higher grade graphics and other features important to you.

Thank you for participating in the HP Community Forum.

We are a community of HP enthusiasts dedicated to supporting HP devices and technology.

Dragon-Fur

HP Recommended

That does not exist on my control panel. I don't have a "Display" item listed. 

HP Recommended

I know this is an old post but I ran into the same problem recently and have not found a solution that has been posted so thought I'd post one!

I have a HP Pavilion Dv6. My problem was that my contrast became so bright, I could barely read text, it seemed so far off. After searching the net, I'm sure you all ran into the same solutions.

- Use the brightness key to turn it down. That only tuened the screen brightness down.

- Go into settings, recalibrate contrast. Nope, still bright af.

- Change/reset battery settings. Did not work.

All these solutions just played with screen brightness, contrast was always high.

A solution I found that worked 100% by a user burried deep in random chats of Google was so silly that it was overlooked.

SOLUTION TIME!!!!....

Unplug your charging cable and plug it back in. Contrast fixed, why? I have no idea.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.