Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I want to connect a 2nd external display in addition to the one thru the HDMI port.

I have tried a USB C to HDMi adaptor and a USB 3 to HDMI adaptor with no success. All drivers have bern installed, unistalled, reinstalled and updated with no success.

Have tried the same adaptor and cabels on a Surface Go and and old Samsung i5 laptop and they work perfectly. Its only on my laptop that itd not working. The display setup does not detect the connected extra external USB port monitor or tv.

Can someone help? Thanks so much.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Sabysims The answer to that question depends on the type of USB port you have an if it supports video conversion or not, to identify the same, here's what I need:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

If you've checked the product specifications and confirmed that it supports video conversion:click here to check the ALT mode and use the information to get an appropriate adapter to start using with your device.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

According to my knowledge I think you are connecting it with a Type C port to HDMI. To do that, you should first be sure to know if your laptop has a Thunderbolt port or a Type C port. Thunderbolt supports Audio/Video signaling while the Type C (common) doesnt.

To make sure, please do reply with the exact model number.

Regards,
M. Muneeb Khan
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.