Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP PAVILION 15-AB522TX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

The screen of my HP PAVILION 15-AB522TX started showing these black lines recently. They're getting larger and larger by each day. I assume these are dead pixels.

IMG_20181104_111629.jpg

Will this require screen replacement to fix it?

I'd like to get a rough estimate on how much does it cost. I'm from India.

Any help would be appreciated...

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

This is a global community. I live in Europe. You live in India.

It isn't realistic to expect anyone who lives in  a place other than where you live to know how much each individual business would charge to replace a screen?

I sugest doing a search online with your favorite search engine for laptop screen repair or replacement. 

When you find a laptop shop you can call  or send an email to get an estimate  on what you need to have done to your notebook.

Having it done at an HP Service Center will be considerably more expensive than having it done at a laptop shop.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@erico wrote:

This is a global community. I live in Europe. You live in India.

It isn't realistic to expect anyone who lives in  a place other than where you live to know how much each individual business would charge to replace a screen?

I sugest doing a search online with your favorite search engine for laptop screen repair or replacement. 

When you find a laptop shop you can call  or send an email to get an estimate  on what you need to have done to your notebook.

Having it done at an HP Service Center will be considerably more expensive than having it done at a laptop shop.

Yes, I know this is a global community. And it's obvious, I was not expecting a reply from another continent. That's why I mentioned my nation. I posted this here based on 3 reasons:

• There is no country-specific HP forum
  • I want to ensure this is a case of dead pixel or not
  • I need to figure out a rough estimate on how much does an HP authorized service centre charge for this. There is no service centre in my district. And the product is out of warranty.

Can you confirm whether it is dead pixels or not?

I uploaded an image showing that, but it's missing now. Don't know what happened!

HP Recommended

Most of the HP Experts reside in the US with one in Australia, Bulgaria, Australia, one in India. the Netherlands and a few in the UK.

"And it's obvious, I was not expecting a reply from another continent."  Sorry, it is definitely not obvious.

Given that information, why wouldn't you expect  someone from another continent to answer your query?

Connect an external display to see if the issue is present there as well.

You will need to contact a shop by phone or search online for a technician with an internet presence.

This is not a business unit of HP. How would any of us know what an HP service center would charge?

An out-of Warranty repair by HP will far exceed what a notebook shop would charge you for their guaranteed repair.

There are language specific parts of the HP Support community.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

@erico wrote:

Connect an external display to see if the issue is present there as well. 

Your answer is not clear to me. What if the issue is not present on the external display?

@erico wrote:

How would any of us know what an HP service center would charge?

So you're saying different HP service centres in a country has different charges! I never knew that. I thought there would be a standardized charge.

@erico wrote:

An out-of Warranty repair by HP will far exceed what a notebook shop would charge you for their guaranteed repair.

At least, I found this information was useful.

HP Recommended

If the issue is not present on the external display, it means that the issue is definitely an lcd display problem. Replacing the display should resolve the issue.

My suggestion was one for troubleshooting and to avoid spending money without a reason.

Each country has different currency valuation and and taxe rates, so the prices willl not be the same.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.