Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Scrolling on the touchpad triggers a three finger gesture for showing open windows.

How to disable that touchpad gesture?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@patongpanda Here's all you need to know about turning off the gestures:

1. From the taskbar, find and right-click the ClickPad icon, or other pointing device icon in the Windows system tray.
  2. Uncheck Enable Gestures.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have an icon for 'ELAN pointing device' in the taskbar, but it is not clickable.

I do not have Synaptics Pointing Device.

I have found a settings dialog for ELAN Clickpad and disabled all settings except scroll.

However the problem still remains using the trackpad to scroll up and down triggers 'show all open applications'.

It makes the notebook rather unusable.

HP Recommended

@patongpanda I suggest you try the below steps:

1. Press Windows Key + X to open Win + X menu and select Control Panel from the list.
  2. When Control Panel opens, go to Hardware and Soundsection and select Mouse.
  3. When Mouse settings window opens, you should see ELANor Device Settings tab. Switch to it.
  4. Locate Disable internal pointing device when external USB pointing device is attached option and enable it.
  5. Click Apply and OK to save changes.

If that doesn't work or isn't available, a registry edit should be the solution for us, I'd personally suggest a registry backup by clicking on file and export before performing the below steps, to be on a safer side:

1. Open Registry Editor and go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Elantech/Othersetting/DisableWhenDetectUSBMousekey in the left pane.
  2. Change the value from 0 to 1 and close Registry Editor.

After making those changes your touchpad will now be disabled every time you connect a mouse to your laptop. As you can see, even though this option isn’t available, you can still enable it by following these steps. We have to mention that this solution applies only if you’re using ELAN touchpad.

I hope that answers your query,  

If it did, simply select "Accept as solution", to help the community grow, 

And if you wish to thank us for our efforts, click on the thumbs up for kudos.

Have a great day ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.