Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre X360 Sure View ap0038nrX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I got my spectre X360 sure view Gem cut version but noticed that there is a yellow tint when sure view is off. However, when I turn on sure view, there is no yellow tint. Is this normal? Is it possible to get rid of this yellow tint?

I tried already to update the Intel graphics and calibrate the color but it doesn't help with the issue.

Here's the picture of the Spectre X360 and Lenovo. You can see the warm colour of the screen when Privacy if off ( top ). And the bottom picture with privacy on.

9Q77Flif.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@tvr2012
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

HP Sure View Integrated Privacy Screen helps prevent side-angle viewing from onlookers and for darker environments.

• Have you tried connecting the computer to an external monitor?

Keep me posted for further assistance.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello! Yes, I tried it to connect with an external monitor and the screen color looks fine. Like normal white.  Only in the Spectre X360 screen is a bit yellowish/ Warm colour. Does it mean the screen of the spectre is defective?

HP Recommended

@tvr2012
I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).
Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

How has this issue been resolved in your cases?

They are saying to me that since the unit has a privacy screen, the current behavior is expected... How can this be?

HP Recommended

It's not yet resolved. I am still waiting for their response.  Are you also experiencing this warm white color? Or yellow tint screen color? I am not sure if this normal to this model because I bought it online. If I knew this, I should buy a bright view or 4k version.

Its really bothering me cause I'm editing pictures.

HP Recommended

The panel has a very strong yellow tint in my case and the brightness doesn't even reach 160nits (which supposedly should be 400nits). These are the results of my colorimeter:

image.png

HP Recommended

Ah ok! So, what they did to your case?

HP Recommended

Nothing so far, they say its "normal" because we have Sure View...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.