Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp Spectre x360

I have been searching for a way to make my HP Active Pen have pressure sensitivity in Photoshop for quite a while. It works in other applications, but I can't get a straight answer on how to make it work in Photoshop from others that claim that it can. Adobe claims I can change a brush's settings, but that does not register. Did HP not design this pen to be compatible or should I be looking into trading my laptop in? Am I missing an update or firmware?

EDIT:
Here's a video I found of the pen working well with Adobe Illustrator (which is also not working for me).

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi@edhalo,

Welcome to the HP Forum! 🙂 It is a fantastic site to find information, tips, and suggestions. For you to have the most rewarding experience please review the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that your active pen is not working in Photoshop, but idoes in other applications.  As the active stylus works in other applications you know that it is working and therefore not a hardware issue. Here is a link from forums.adobe.com that I think may help.Photoshop & Active Pen not working.  This is a third party site and you would use at your own risk. Any third party ads are not endorsed by HP.  Should you decide to try the solution they suggest, be sure to create a restore point to come back too should something not work.  Please let me know if this helped.

Please let me know if this information helps you resolve the issue by marking this post as "Accept as Solution", this will help others easily find the information they may be looking for. Also, clicking the Thumbs Up” below is a great way to say thanks! :generic:

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.