Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Envy convertible 360
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help but can't get a message to a moderator or anyone - things keeping breaking on my computer every time I try to turn it on for help.

It was a gift to me so it's from the USA but I am stuck in Quebec Canada and I can not find any help

The left hinge and popping out / blacking out screen is a problem others have had. That is the help I was looking for when suddenly the Bios screen is coming up and I don't know what is going on. I have 2 different (but similar failure ID's) but can not find help. The HP help on the computer won't work cause I'm not in the USA.

Anyone? I can't not have a working computer - especially with COVID and no where to use computers at the library or anywhere  else for translation. 

thanks

---- Wondering how long it takes for a response? My screen is "sinking" lower down, I have been afraid to move it. Not sure how much longer it will eventually come on.  Thank you  -----

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@nanette313

Welcome to the HP support community.

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. Do you know if it will go to my regular email when I am contacted or to this community thing? I don't know why I am having such a hard time with the community emails - the directions don't seem hard yet I get errors. I have already been waiting a couple months because I was trying to figure out what to do about the screen thing and how to reach someone, and then the HP Bios started. There is not much here for fixing computers - not at a fair price and from what I understand they are sent out. I will be waiting to see who contacts me, if they can help with what to do.  Thank you

HP Recommended

Is there a response time for help with a possible defective Envy- I doubt there is a warranty due to it being a gift but there seems to be numerous posts about the same left hinge breaking and ruining the screen.

It's been over a week - I've actually been trying to find help for almost 2 months since the HP help on my icon doesn't work (I received this in the US but am in Canada).

Should I be waiting for assistance or just saving to buy a different computer?  I need it for translation, I have no radio/tv,  to register for medical appointments etc.,  Seems you can not exist without a computer. 

Thanks for you help

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.