11-16-2019 07:18 AM
When I connect a HDMI to VGA adapter my laptop immediatly shutdowns.
Same issue with Windows 10 and Ubuntu, same issue when I am in grub. So I don't think it is a driver problem.
This problem occurs with different VGA adapter, only in my notebook. I have tried the same adapter in other notebook and more than one adapter in my notebook, and I can tell the problem is only when I use my computer with all adapter.
It doesn't occur with HDMI to HDMI cable.
How can I resolve?
11-18-2019 12:30 PM
@fily1212, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I would recommend you perform the extensive system test. Here is how you do it-
1. Hold the power button for at least five seconds to turn off the computer.
2. Turn on the computer and immediately press Esc repeatedly, about once every second.
When the menu appears, press the F2 key.
3. On the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI) main menu, click System Tests.
4. Click Extensive Test.
5. Click Run once, or Loop until error.
While the test is running, the time remaining and test result for each component are
shown on the screen.
6. If a component fails a test, write down the failure ID (24-digit code) so you have it
available when you contact HP Customer Support. The information is also available in
Test Logs on the main menu.
If the test passes, go ahead and update the graphics, chipset drivers and BIOS from here.
Also, HP does not support or recommend using Linux or dual boot.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee